Adventures in air travel... Renee ended up experiencing nearly every inconvenience that befalls the traveler on her weekend jaunt to San Diego. Consider:
1. Paying Northwest Airlines extra for an "exit row aisle seat" to San Diego, only to discover that plane's layout differed from the web layout;
2. Reserving a Mustang at Budget Rent-a-Car, with two on the lot, but to be told they we "reserved" for someone else -- and being given a smaller car at the same rate;
3. Barely making the return flight due to a 45-min shuttle ride from the rental car return, losing the aisle seat for a middle seat between two guys who believed they had 100% sovereignty over the armrests;
4. Arriving early in Detroit for a connection that was 3-1/2 hours LATE (landing at Norfolk after 1:30AM);
5. And, demonstrating new lows in *ineffectiveness*, having Northwest Airlines lose her gate-checked luggage on the return trip.
What an adventure.....